The 8th Grade Recognition Ceremony was held on June 22, 2017. All 8th graders received a certificate recognizing their time at the Middle School. Additional awards were also presented:
- The President’s Award was given to 8th graders who maintained a 90% of above average for every marking period of their middle school career. Recipients: attached in word document.
- The Middle School Math award was presented to those who excelled in and showed a genuine interest in Mathematics.
- The Robert K. Kirkendall award winner was given to a student who demonstrated improvement in all areas of the three-year Middle School program which includes attitude and personal growth, and not necessarily those students with the highest marks.”
- The American Legion award was presented to students who showed outstanding growth in citizenship and achievement in eighth grade.
- Attorney General’s Triple C award was given to students who demonstrates the three qualities of commitment, character, and courage.