Community Feedback Event – 4/13 at 6PM

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Dear Families:

This message is a follow up to the message you received yesterday, April 12, 2021. 

Thank you for the 452 responses we’ve already received regarding a potential return to 5 days for SES students. I improved the survey so that you can check off multiple school buildings if you have more than one child–sorry about that mix-up yesterday. If you haven’t had a chance to participate yet, here’s the link: Please participate in our survey.  

We will be hosting a community forum to provide you with the chance to provide feedback and ask questions via Zoom on Thursday, April 15 at 6:00 pm. Just go to “Join a Meeting” on Zoom and use the meeting ID#7162588361. I know it’s short notice, but 366 survey participants said, “make the change as soon as possible, we’re ready!” This increases the need to host the required public meeting soon so that we can plan next week if that’s what we decide to do. I am sensitive to the members of our school community who have said either, “we need more time, 5/3/21 works best for us” or “please don’t make any more changes.” Balancing the needs of an entire school community is challenging, but we’ll do the best that we can. 

I’ve heard feedback that I understand, people are frustrated that we can’t bring back SMS/SHS students too. Please know that this message also serves to inform you that since 4/2/21 to today, we’ve had notification of an additional 10 individuals at SHS and 2 at SMS who have tested Covid positive. We’re seeing evidence of the Erie county spike here in Springville and our #1 priority is to keep everyone safe and to educate our students in the safest possible way. 

Please email or call me with any questions or concerns. 

Kimberly Moritz