The role of an effective treasurer encompasses a multitude of responsibilities, each essential to the fiscal health of the district and is an essential component of our school district striving which strives for excellence and achievement in education. This position provides the experience necessary to become a school business administrator.
The work involves performing high level accounting responsibilities relating to budget and financial functions, knowledge of business, computer and fund accounting principles. Proficiency with computer database and accounting programs is essential. The successful candidate will possess the skills to exercise independent judgment while performing their duties under the supervision of the School Business Administrator.
- Performs accounting for all funds utilizing NYS municipal accounting system
- Maintain general ledger, cash receipts and cash disbursements for all funds
- Completes a monthly trial balance and treasurer’s report for board meetings
- Assist internal auditor with annual risk assessment review
- Assist external auditor with annual review
- Assists Superintendent & SBA with negotiations of contracts
- Prepares corrective action for all audits and is a member of districts’ audit committee
- Maintains integrity of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll accounting
- Prepares annual financial report (ST3) and assists School Business Administrator with annual State Aid Claim document
- Prepares NYS Financial Transparency Report (August) and Federal ESSA Report (March)
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of college education
- Major in a business-related field preferred
- Two years of experience in maintaining of financial records and accounting within a school system or municipality preferred
- CPA license is preferred but not required
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the School Business Administrator
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The treasurer will work 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year. Salary range is $48,000 – $55,000 but may increase based on experience and qualifications. This position is appointed annually at the Board of Education reorganization meeting. THIS POSITION IS CIVIL SERVICE EXEMPT.
APPLICATION DEADLINE START DATE
Friday, May 22, 2020 Monday, June 22, 2020
Send resume and letter of introduction to: (email is acceptable and preferred)
Maureen Lee, School Business Administrator
Springville Griffith CSD
267 Newman St.
Springville, NY 14141