On Monday January 9th, the Springville Boys Varsity Swimming and Diving Team held a tightly contested meet with Cleveland Hill that took all the way till the last relay to determine the outcome!
In a meet that saw many excellent performances by all swimmers, we also suffered a few miscues but were able to move past them and prove that we were the better team tonight.
Overall, Springville was able to win 8 out of the 12 events. However Cleveland Hill was able to keep a close meet by winning the other 4 and by taking a combination of 2nd and 3rd places throughout the meet to help balance the score.
Nolan West was able to take first in all three of his events he took part in: the 200 Free, the 100 Backstroke, and the meet winning 400 Free Relay.
Kurt Uschold also was apart of that decisive 400 Free Relay as well as taking part in the winning 200 medley relay, and winning the 500 Freestyle. Kurt also took 2nd place in the 50 freestyle
Jon Boberg was also a part of three winning events in the 200 Medley Relay, the 200 IM, and the 100 Breaststroke.
Elliot Emley was also part of the winning 400 Free Relay, and took a convincing 2nd place in the 200 Freestyle only behind Nolan. Elliot also swam in the 100 Free and the 200 Medley Relay.
The final piece to that meet winning relay was Dakota Schelble. Dakota also swam in the 2nd place 200 Free Relay, the 200 Medley Relay that came in 4th place, and diving.
Zach Hughey was a strong anchor for the 200 Medley Relay that took 1st place, and also placed 2nd in the 100 Butterfly and swam in the 200 IM and 200 Medley Relay.
Wyatt Fuller continued his run of victories on the diving board with his 5th win of the season in as many meets.
Wyatt along with Dakota, Jackson Richert, and Bret Defrain made up the 2nd place 200 Freestyle Relay.
Key Point Contributors of the meet included:
- Blaze Schelble in the 500 Freestyle and 100 Breaststroke where he placed 3rd in both events with personal best times, allowing for us to take a 5-3 point lead in both events.
- Eric Schweikert who took 3rd in the 100 Backstroke with a Class Qualifying Time
Current Team Highlights:
- SGI is 5-1 having won our last 5 straight.
- Two athletes have qualified for Sectionals in individual events, Senior Nolan West and Freshman Wyatt Fuller.
- Athletes who have qualified for the Class C Meet are: Nolan, Wyatt, Kurt Uschold, Dominic Hartenstein, Jon Boberg, Zach Hughey, and Eric Schweikert
- Athletes who have qualified for the ECIC A Meet are: Nolan, Wyatt, Kurt Uschold, Dominic Hartenstein, Jon Boberg, Jackson Richert, Elliot Emley, Zach Hughey, Eric Schweikert, Austin Yetter