Dear Springville-Griffith Institute Central School District Community:
The Springville-Griffith Board of Education has spent time carefully reviewing options available to fill the vacancy in the Office of the Superintendent. Our Board has sought out the assistance of Dr. David O’Rourke to serve as the search consultant to the Board as we seek to hire an outstanding candidate as our next Superintendent of Schools.
The search has been planned according to the tentative timeline below.
- Vacancy Brochure published
- By Friday, August 13, 2021
- Application deadline
- Friday, September 24, 2021
- Dr. O’Rourke and his staff to meet with Springville-Griffith CSD interview team members
- Tuesday, October 5th, 2021
- Board of Education conducts preliminary interviews
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday (October 12, October 13, and October 14, 2021)
- Final interviews conducted by Board and Interview teams
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (November 8, November 9, and November 10, 2021)
- Board meeting to appoint Superintendent of Schools
- On or before December 1, 2021
- New Superintendent to assume duties
- On or about January 7, 2022
There is a Thought Exchange survey link on the Springville Griffith Institute CSD website for all community members (faculty, staff, parents, residents, students, and business owners) to provide input on the search for a new Superintendent.
You may access the link here: https://tejoin.com/492883268
The Survey link will be available until July 26, 2021 AT 12:00, noon. The Board will review all the responses to the community survey and appreciates the input received about the District’s needs for the next Superintendent of Schools.
It is the statutory responsibility of a board of education to select a superintendent of schools. Our Board of Education, however, is committed to seeking input from various stakeholder groups as we move forward with this search. The Board will be organizing stakeholder interview teams to assist with our final interviews of candidates. These teams will be involved in final interviews, and team members will be required to attend a pre-interview training, as well as attend all final interview dates. Information about these stakeholder interview teams will be forthcoming in the months ahead. Input will be gathered from these teams as the Board determines the candidate who best meets the needs of our school community.
The Board of Education will provide updated information about the search process as it moves forward. Any questions from interested candidates, or questions about the search process itself may be directed to Dr. David O’Rourke at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 549-4454 x4029.
Springville- Griffith Institute Central School District Board of Education